Administration Section: Grievance Standard
The community college has adopted and disseminated grievance policies and procedures for employed personnel and students that meet the requirements of Title IX, Section 504, and the ADA.
If you have not downloaded the Civil Rights Self-Assessment Form you should do so now. You will need to fill out the form as you answer questions in the Standards pages.
What legislation authorizes this standard?
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
Guidelines for Vocational Education Programs
View more information and answer questions about each area by clicking on the title below.
- Does the community college notify all employed personnel and students of the grievance procedures for persons who feel they have been discriminated against based on sex or disability?
- Do grievance policies contain the following elements:
- Provision for equitable resolution of student and employer complaints?
- Establishment of prompt resolution which includes a timetable?
- Responsiveness to a complaint about harassment?
- Language which would allow a complaint about student-to-student harassment to be resolved?
- Contact information for the 504 Coordinator?
- Does the community college keep a record of complaints and the action taken as a result of those complaints?